What are the 5 stages of grief?
These stages of grief can happen in any order and some people don’t experience them all. (Ackerman, 2020. P.1-23) Read on to discover 11 steps to grief recovery to help you live after loss.
What are the common symptoms of grief?
- shock and sadness
- thoughts about death
If you are experiencing and thoughts of self harm please reach out to:
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
What are the Four Tasks of Mourning?
- To accept the reality of the loss
- To work through the pain of grief
- To adjust to life without the deceased
- To maintain a connection to the deceased while moving on with life (Feldman, D.B. 2017.)
Read on to discover 11 steps to grief recovery to help you live after loss
What are some Bible verses about grief?
“We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.
For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal” (2Corinthians 4:18)
What are the 11 steps to grief recovery?
- Minister to body, soul and spirit to find your way out of grief
- Use support group-friends, family or church
- Feel free to cry and express emotions
- Pray to the Lord to deliver you from grief and help with forgiveness, fear or anger
- Rest often
- Eat a healthy diet
- Exercise and get plenty of sunshine
- Develop a disciplined prayer practice
- Seek peace with the past
- Read scripture and memorize
- Develop hope in eternity (Hunt, 2008. P187-189)