Are you frustrated with yourself? Do you have doubts about ever becoming successful in your career? Are you stumped as to what you even want to do? Are you still suffering from post-pandemic setbacks? Are you beginning to wonder if you will ever be the enthusiastic, super-aspiring, awesomely successful person that you were on the path toward becoming? Do you ask yourself how do I get out of the ditch and become the confident and joyful person that I was intended to be? Do you honestly ask, “How Can I Learn to Believe in Myself?” The answer lies within you. Wake up all of your positivity. Take action. Get out of the ditch. NOW!
Here are some pointers. You have probably heard similar suggestions. But TODAY, tune in, plug in, and take action. Today is the beginning of a new theme of success. If we were writing a play, you would be the protagonist, the star. It is time for you to shine!
- Be Honest – Acknowledge your strengths and weaknesses honestly. Also, be honest with yourself about what you really want to achieve. Any type of success takes work so you must be ready to apply yourself. There are always some parts of any project that are rather mundane. But the tiring and repetitive part supports the exciting portion. Be honest and admit if you are being a bit lazy. Most of us never receive our goals of money or success handed to us on a silver platter. Time to apply your best and most creative effort. Be honest with your self-evaluation as to how that is going. Be kind but honest – identify areas that need attention.
- Be Realistic – Set realistic goals that you can achieve with your current resources. Also, break down your goals into smaller, more manageable tasks. Most people work better from a written plan. It may be a simple sketch with pencil and pad. Or you may digitize an impressive file. Either way, set goals and break down the steps needed to make each happen. Perhaps it is just motivating yourself to make a call for an interview, or calling someone to provide you with a recommendation. Perhaps you just need to get your work organized in order to show it to backers. Don’t spend all your time on being a perfectionist – that can come later.
- Trust Yourself – Believe in your abilities and trust your instincts. Don’t be afraid to take risks and try new things. You may have been knocked out of a promotion due to company restructuring. Discern how much monetary risk you can reasonably handle. Follow your instincts when presenting or interviewing. Take the high road. Ask pertinent questions. Once again, list your standards and your goals. Compare. Do they complement each other?
- Trust that it’s possible – Believe that you can achieve your goals. Talk to yourself. Encourage you! Feed that flame in you that aspires to making this world a better place, to sharing a beautiful idea or piece of music with the world, of being the visionary and leader of a movement that helps all people. Visualize yourself achieving your goals, of being successful, and imagine how it would feel. There is room in this world for your contribution – someone is waiting for you to make it happen. Don’t let anxious thoughts hold you back.
- Be energized – Surround yourself with positive energy and people who support you. It is essential that you take care of your physical health by getting enough sleep, eating well, and exercising regularly. Be the best you that you can be. Allow your uniqueness to be seen at the proper time. A healthy you should work to carry yourself as a person with purpose, with goals, and one who cares for the people with whom he interfaces at all levels.
- Trust God – Have faith in God’s plan for you and trust that everything will work out for the best. Also, pray or meditate regularly to help you stay centered and focused. Remember that work needs to provide satisfaction in the worthiness of your efforts. Former President Jimmy Carter noted: “Consuming things does not satisfy our longing for meaning. We’ve learned that piling up material goods cannot fill the emptiness of lives which have no confidence or purpose.” In Phil 4:6 we read “Be anxious for nothing but let your requests be made known to God.”
- Take Action – Take small steps every day towards achieving your goals. Also, celebrate your progress along the way to help keep yourself motivated. Congratulate yourself on each positive step. Improve your mind by reading. From none other than Socrates: “Employ your time in improving yourself by other men’s writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.” We have a mountain of information at our fingertips. Shall we all make our days wonderfully filled as we increase our knowledge, share our love and encouragement, listen to God’s input, and share kindness to all with whom we come in contact?
7 Ways to Believe in Yourself Again!
When we become our best selves, we are more likely to present as such. This will increase our confidence in ourselves, our trust in God, and cause all of our interactions and actions to flourish.
How can I believe in myself? Believe in God and take steps to increase the connection you have with him through prayer and reading the scriptures. Please watch the video below: Great News for You. God loves you and sent His Son Jesus to pay your debt and offer you salvation, forgiveness and a brand new life in Him. Today is the day!