If we want to be ourselves, we must know and understand ourselves. Not the person that we have presented on social media, or the one that we may have beat down and trivialized. But to understand the uniqueness of self and the possibilities that are ours, we need to understand that we are like no one else. It’s important to know and care for this person, and develop the potential that is ours alone. Today we will be talking about how to be yourself in 5 simple steps.
- How to Be Yourself in 5 Simple Steps
- 5 Simple Ways to be Your Best Self
- Get to Know Yourself
- Maintain a Positive Attitude
- Develop Resilience
- Accept that Change is Inevitable
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.Ralph Waldo Emerson
However, only what we allow to become a part of our personal world changes us. We should learn to make wise choices, find hidden answers, seek great advice, and move forward to a goal of self-worth and the development and fruition of our hopes and dreams.
These 5 Simple Steps may help us organize our thoughts and lead to a clearer way of making use of what we learn about ourselves.
5 Simple Ways to be Your Best Self:
1. Get to Know Yourself
Not who you are portraying for others to see, but what makes you tick, what makes you happy and satisfied, and what lights your fire and motivates you.
- List your attributes – your gifts, talents, and interests. Do you offer grace to others? Are you kind? What are your passions? Do not belittle your abilities but be thankful for these strengths. Help them flourish. Your gifts are yours alone to polish and use. This is you – the real you.
- List the things that cause you pain. Acknowledge them, but do not stop there. Begin a plan to release those destructive thoughts that pull you down and replace them with positive thoughts and a purposeful plan of stepping away from that pain. Do not allow others to define who you are.
2. Maintain a Positive Attitude
- You can create positive energy in your life. No need to undermine others and criticize them. This does not lift you up. But rather use that energy to develop your gifts and enrich your life, your interests, your talents. Make new friends that are not in the world of negativity or addiction, but rather are clear minded and positive. Look and plan for a future that allows growth and healthy maturity.
3. Develop Resilience
- Resilience is the ability to recover quickly from difficulties or adversities. Most of us have had our share of disappointments in life, perhaps even endured great losses. The way that we overcome and go forward reflects our degree of resilience.
- Resilience is possible because of the deep hope that abides in us. Reach deep for your well of hope. Hope is a word of such magnificence and enormity that it is incapable of being completely defined. It is life itself. It is a breath of fresh air. Resilience builds on our hope. They go hand in hand. Read on for how to be yourself in 5 simple steps.
4. Find Hope
- Hope is essential. Without hope, there is only darkness and depression.
- There is no culmination or pinnacle to reach when there is no hope, whether for our specific plans or for our cumulative life. Hope is enervating, giving meaning to our lives.
- Life without hope is life without joy. Hope is developing a new confidence, testing our abilities, believing in self, or helping someone else to do likewise. It is the living of your life to the fullest.
- Hope is the getting to know yourself, fanning that fire, and building a life that allows the real you to grow and shine forth. It is the life that no one can take from you. It is the individual life, the individual you, becoming who you were meant to be.
5. Accept that Change is Inevitable
- What defines you? Are you happy with the change/progress that you see in at this point?
- We grow with each decade. We make changes that match our new goals. Yes, we will meet criticism. There is only one way to avoid criticism: to do nothing, say nothing, or be nothing as Aristotle wrote. And you will never please everyone. As you chip away the unbecoming and unhealthy behaviors and thoughts, the person you were meant to be emerges, ready to bless the world and fulfill the purpose for which you were called.
- Our goals and aspirations may change as we get to know ourselves and allow ourselves to grow in character as well as talent. We meet new friends. We have new goals. We paint new murals. We write new music. We spread the joy and satisfaction we find in developing the whole of who we are and all we were meant to be.
As we learn to know and like ourselves, our relationships improve. We are not trying to impress or copy anyone. We have our own goals, our own style – we have become a more interesting person.
We are kinder, less critical, and have less jealousy. Because we understand and accept who we are, we like ourselves most of the time. We quit beating ourselves up but rather encourage our inner selves. We treat our bodies better because we see the value of that gift we have been given. In turn, we treat others better.
And love invades our world.
Always pray to have eyes that see the best in people; a heart that forgives the worst; a mind that forgets the bad, and a soul that never loses faith in God.Unknown
6. Shall we add a very important #6?
With this better understanding of ourselves, we cannot help but to know and feel the need for our spiritual longings to also be fulfilled. The filling of the emptiness that only believing and receiving the Spirit of the Lord Jesus Christ can fill. We are then complete in body, mind, and spirit.
Won’t you listen to the GREAT NEWS FOR YOU VIDEO on this page? Embrace the gift of the Presence of God into your life/ This is the component every person needs in his/her life. It is my Rock and my Forever.